Calendar of Events
Please join us at Royal Hawaiian Center! Enjoy complimentary cultural classes, entertainment and center-wide celebrations. Nou Ka Hale - Our House is Your House.
Schedules are subject to change. Call our Helumoa Hale Guest Services at (808) 922-2299 for the latest updates.
January 2017 >>
(click on a day for event listings)
Find your love for shoes, sushi or spa days. Share your sweetest finds while visiting Royal Hawaiian Center and use #FindRHCvday #Contest. If we repost your story, you can win an exclusive Aloha tote filled with RHC treasures.
- February 1st- 28th
- 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
January 5, 2017 Events:
Events & Entertainment
Discover, Diners Club International, GBC, JCB and Union Pay cardholders are eligible to redeem these fabulous offers from Royal Hawaiian Center. Pick up a Shop Hawaii Booklet from Helumoa Hale Guest Services (Building B, Level 1) and enjoy the savings!
- Helumoa Hale Guest Services
Complimentary Cultural Programming
Polynesian Cultural Center Show
- Royal Grove
- The Polynesian Cultural Center Mini Show gives you a look at what experiences awaits you at the islands of Samoa, Aotearoa, Tonga, Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii. This world-famous cultural theme park is located on the North Shore with over 42-acres of large lagoons, waterfalls, lush tropical flora, and even an “erupting” volcano.
- Building B, Level 1 — Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room
- Learn basic chords and songs as you strum Hawai'i's best-known string instrument, introduced to the islands in the 1870s from Portugal. 25 instruments and music books are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own, or purchase one at Bob's 'Ukulele at Royal Hawaiian Center. Instructors Wainani Yim and Puake'ala Mann are seasoned performers who share favorite songs and simple chords.
Owing to the popularity of our ukulele classes, we have implemented a number system. Guests can retrieve a number (1-25) from Helumoa Hale Guest Services staff starting at 10am in order to secure their place in the class.
- Building B, Level 3
- Our Lauhala Weaving Class will cover the basic skills, technique, preparation and crafting of hala leaves into wearable Hawaiian art, such as a bracelet. Kumu Bill Keoua Nelson, who comes from a long line of prominent lauhala weavers, conducts this family friendly class.
- The Royal Grove
- Hawaiian music and hula 'auana (hula’s modern form) fill The Royal Grove Monday through Friday at twilight. Hour-long performances feature top island entertainers with a focus on Hawaiian language musical favorites — shared with kama 'äina (locals) and malihini (visitors) with aloha.
Rock-A-Hula - Mini Promotional Show
- The Royal Grove
- Rock-A-Hula is energizing, crowd-pleasing entertainment, a truly memorable and fun night out. We are confident of bringing to Waikiki a new level of cosmopolitan and entertaining nightlife that enjoys a track record of close to three decades of success.